Friday, March 19, 2010

Psalm 144

Tony and I have been talking a lot lately about rearing Todd and God gave me this nugget this afternoon. Psalm 144:12a says,"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth;" I googled the phrase, "plants grown up in their youth," and this verse came up. In the English standard version it interpreted the phrase as such: may our sons be a full grown plant in his youth. This phrase seemed to give me a greater understanding. I began to wonder how do I begin to "plant, water, etc." so he is a fully grown plant in his youth. As I cross referenced, my eye stayed on Psalm 1:3 and one thing stood out in particular. The phrase,"...his leaf also shall not wither..." is stuck in my craw if you will. Somehow making him a strong plant seems to have something to do with making him a fully grown plant. I will keep searching and see what God sends me. To me this seems like only half a post; but I needed to write down what I had so far. I don't keep journal and maybe I should start.

No comments:

Post a Comment