Sunday, April 19, 2009

What about church?

I was asked a few weeks ago, "Why do you go to church?" I have gone to church 3 times a week for my entire life barring illnesses and such; yet, I didn't quite know the best way to answer this young lady, for you see, she was unsaved. Why my answer should be different for her than it would for a believer, I don't know; but I didn't want to give her an answer she wouldn't understand because of her lack of spiritual connection with God. I gave her an answer that went something like this: "I go to church because I am trying to keep fellowship with God and when I don't go to church often it is easy to misstep in my life and eventually I start making my own rules for life and forget I am living for God. Church is a weekly reminder that I don't have to do it on my own and puts great biblical resources and counselors in my path." I don't know if that was good enough or not; but I know it made me want to go to church with a greater expectation to get things from God because this young lady goes to church on occasion and I have a desire for her to see God in me. I have begun to thirst more for the Word of God to change me into what He wants so He can work His plan without me getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment