Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mom

Mother's Day is coming and I wanted to give 10 things I love about my mom.

1. My mom gave her 20's and 30's and 40's and 50's to rear children. She continues to house some grandchildren and she does so with all the love in the world.

2. My mom prays for all 7 of her children daily and I learned the importance of prayer because she set the example as I saw her prayer book as a teenager. This definitely inspired me to go forth in the area of prayer in a big way.

3. She has great faith. She had to because she and my dad reared 7 children on a salary of $900 a month.

4. Her children have fallen out of God's will often; but she remains faithful and knows God will restore them because she trained them up in the way they should go.

5. I love to do things for her because she appreciates it like a child and enjoys it so much.

6. She has been married almost 36 years and that means a lot when I know how often the Devil has tried to destroy her family.

7. On holidays she did her best to make them special. Stockings were great at Christmas, Easter morning was finding candy all over the house, Thanksgiving was great food and lots of it, we made valentines, we didn't do Halloween that I remember; but it must have been okay because I don't remember caring about it.

8. My favorite holiday was her birthday because my dad would give us all $2 and would take us to the kitchen utensil section of Walmart and we would get her kitchen stuff. We went home and wrapped them and she loved opening them every year.

9. She is a school teacher and she loves it. I get my love for education from her also.

10. She knows she's blessed and often speaks of it.

I love her.

Happy Mother's Day

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful memories of your mother! Your post here was very encouraging to me. I hope I'm the kind of mom that my kids will someday look back and remember these sorts of things.

    You don't know me but I'm friends with your sister Rachel. She has mentioned on a couple of occasions that my husband reminds her of your husband. I've always thought that was neat - I try not to worry too much about the possibility that there are "two Billies" in this world, LOL.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete